SPRITES - Modulare Gun's - $tbd

things what got done and arent necessarilly doable anymore
warc
PISS IDIOT

SPRITES - Modulare Gun's - $tbd

Post by warc »

I need a very basic set of sprites to set the template for the new GUN'S SYSTEN we're working on.
I need item and inhand sprites for each of the following types of components:
  • Recievers (term used loosely, see concept art below)
  • Stocks
  • Barrels
  • Magazines

These component sprites should include appropriate masks and offsets to be overlaid onto each other to form a complete weapon. Some coding and layering bullshit is to be expected, and individual derrivative items (and their sprites) may have unique offsets for the mating parts. A naming convention for the sprite states should reflect the pixel offsets of the mating parts.

Stretch goal: continue creating variant derrivative sprites for further items.
Please consult https://wiki.coolstation.space/Weapons for thematic considerations, as well as the following chart for a list of the combination of parts and factions that are desired.

The code for this system can be found at https://github.com/coolstation/coolstat ... ules/gunse. Ping Warc on discord for any questions you have, and check out the development server for a demonstration of the mechanics of this system.
finally a signature htat doesnt wipe
warc
PISS IDIOT

Re: SPRITES - Modulare Gun's - $tbd

Post by warc »

I should mention CET is currently working on a full set of sprites for this rn so talk to it if you want to help.
A4Brogsn
posted

Post by A4Brogsn »

One question I do have is, are we going to bother with ammo adapter kits as a part option, or are we just gonna roll with sticking a 300 blackout in a rifle rated for 223 Remington? Because I can see that being done and working for everyone but the clown (or if you wanna be funny, vice versa!).
delari
Coder

Post by delari »

the plan is to make at least as many ammo types as cataclysm has, so yeah we'll need lots of adapters if you want to sprite some
warc
PISS IDIOT

Post by warc »

just like in real life we have two kinds of bullets:

- Bullet
- Lazer

thats the ammo specification's
ReginaldHJ
DIPSHIT FUCKF ACES

Post by ReginaldHJ »

i don't remember if it's still in the specs and design but there's a different kind of laser inside of a rifle/pistol-shaped cartridge that gets a struck primer like any other bullet but instead it initiates a violent chemical process that spits out a laser and a spent cartridge, with enough force to cycle any actions (most actions are manual). a one-time-use disposable evidence-leaving laser round, as opposed to a multi-use electrical crank-off bulb that also does lasers. a factional thing.

since it shares the same physical dimensions as a regular bullet you can turn a revolver into a laser gun if you have the ammo (and mix up bullets and lasers). it's not going to work nearly as well out of a non-lensed barrel, but it will work. conversely, a lensed barrel works great but will basically be destroyed and turned into a a wrecked barrel that is worse-at-everything if you shoot a regular bullet through it. this is the closest thing we would ever have to a '300 blackout in a 5.56 barrel' situation, which either is too realistic or too punishing and non obvious thing to do to players. only safe place to mix lazer and bullet is in an open barrel, but they're not potentially lethal mistakes, just embarrassing and obvious to anyone that thinks about it. anything else we'll just have a "you can't do that doofus" message as a guardrail

same kind idea with stun projectiles: less 'rubber bullet' or 'ball of electricity' or irl prongs on wire leads and more 'this is a bullet but it is a little capacitor babbery with pronks that gets stuck in someone and goes zap' so it is a physical projectile that should not be blocked by fragile glass precision instrument.

seriously though bringing up 300 blackout in 5.56 because it uses the same mags and chambers fine but will blow up when you try to fire it through a smaller barrel re: videos game as a "punish non-gun nerds for not being gun nerds so gun nerds can have a laugh at their stupid mistake" is the "tomatoes are a fruit actually" of gun nerd. not helpful, not interesting, not funny, and not fun for anyone.

im gonna follow u around and sl;ice up tomatoes into your fruit salads every time you have one. bazinga

"Melding with the Planet... I will cease to exist as I am now... Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every soul." - Sephiroth

"May The Schwartz Be With You." - Yogurt
A4Brogsn
posted

Post by A4Brogsn »

Tomatoes would actually pretty good in a fruit salad if we can throw cooked plantains in there

And I agree with the above statement. Unlike CDDA, you guys realize games are meant for fun. I do have a suggestion for the non lensed laser issue; since a lens is meant to focus the light into a laser shape, why not make laser ammo fire a spread out cone of short range light shot? That way, all a shotgun needs to be refitted into a laser shotgun is a choke lens, and those can be made to have the laser be either split into different beams with varying spread, or one big chunky "las-slug"!
BatElite
Coder

Post by BatElite »

Cet delivered on the sprites a while back right? Is this one done?