Plans for the future?

Just like, whatever man
BurnerAccount1
posted

Plans for the future?

Post by BurnerAccount1 »

Preface: I'm doing this on a burner account for now as I feel the goon devs and/or the goon community will dogpile/stigmatize me like the others they have before if they were able to link this post with my byond and/or discord name.

I was wondering, if they are available at the moment, what is your planned development direction? I have joined Goon in the last year, so I am not the most well versed in what it was like back then, although I am aware of all the.... bad stuff that has happened there on their discord and forums recently.

Personally, myself and a group of others are fed up with the way that Goon itself is going, with their current direction being to remove everything instead of fixing it, which we felt tired with when this has repeated for the last 3-4 months, in most cases, from one specific person.

Another matter, we also feel fed up with the current culture there that every dev/admin is... perfect, for lack of a better term, which can be seen with the removal of cool-zone, as well as the stigma of even mentioning something wrong with their current way of doing things, resulting in the community dogpiling the one who stood up for what they thought was right.

I apologize sincerely if I came off as aggressive towards you, or your team, our group have high hopes for this project.

PS: I would join the discord, but for the reasons stated in the preface, I am not currently planning to at the moment.
warc
PISS IDIOT

Re: Plans for the future?

Post by warc »

bruddo that's a touch dramatic but sure

this is a long term and slow project to create something of an alternate-universe goon-like timeline.
yes obviously there will be some creative and administrative differences as we're different people pursuing a different aesthetic and gameplay style on the same robust infrastructure.

I don't want to feed into whatever paranoia is going on here.
Join the discord or browse what little of the wiki we have up so far if you want to get a better feel for what's to come, but my hope is that it's a flourishing and *fun* spinoff that'll be familiar yet blow-your-shit-off exciting.
finally a signature htat doesnt wipe
BurnerAccount1
posted

Post by BurnerAccount1 »

I should have read the wiki before posting here, didn't realize you had your plans there.

I apologize for how I came off, I have seen a couple of forum threads on goon forums that ended up in... not very good states.

I thought this was something it wasn't, and for that I apologize.
I plan to not use this burner account again.
posslordactual
Game Admin

Post by posslordactual »