(CLOSED) BUGFIX - False wall iconstate and floor

things what got done and arent necessarilly doable anymore
ReginaldHJ
DIPSHIT FUCKF ACES

(CLOSED) BUGFIX - False wall iconstate and floor

Post by ReginaldHJ »

Hi hello!

False walls (walls what slide when you click on them a bunch of times, formed by using a crowbar on a girder to dislodge it and then otherwise adding metal sheets to complete as normal) do not spawn in with the correct perspective wall. It appears as the old flat regular wall, with no lighting effects. This means they stick out way bad.

There are also some issues with the underlying floor turf showing only black.

Furthermore, there might be some constraints that would be good to apply, for when and how it opens.

Off the top of my head: Check cardinal directions for walls. if there's walls to the east and west, slide horizontally if so. Check if there's walls to the north and south and slide vertically if so.
Handle 1 wall by sliding into the single wall. Handle 3 walls by sliding into the middle wall. Handle 4 by doing nothing.
Update behavior and sprite any time walls are constructed or deconstructed, do not update when walls are destroyed by bombs or adminbusen.

I have not checked if this has been fixed on Goonstation since forking and maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

"Melding with the Planet... I will cease to exist as I am now... Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every soul." - Sephiroth

"May The Schwartz Be With You." - Yogurt
ReginaldHJ
DIPSHIT FUCKF ACES

Re: BUGFIX - False wall iconstate and floor

Post by ReginaldHJ »

hey i'm a doofus and forgot to set my map's wall state config thing so it's not actually a proble,b

"Melding with the Planet... I will cease to exist as I am now... Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every soul." - Sephiroth

"May The Schwartz Be With You." - Yogurt